The K-Hawk sUAS (small Unmanned Aircraft System) provides real-time direct situational awareness and reconnaissance with an automatic “fly to cue” capability from Pathfinder footstep detection sensors. Upon detection of human footsteps, buried Pathfinder seismic sensors send GPS coordinates to K-Hawk, which would then, on command, autonomously fly to the sensor alert location.
K-Hawk’s flight duration and range are perfectly matched to the Pathfinder radio alert range of 8-10 km. Real-time video streaming provides day/night/zoom capabilities, maintaining target acquisition while orbiting.
The K-Hawk back-packable system features one air vehicle, one ground control station, one remote video terminal, and support equipment. The K-Hawk:
- Can autonomously navigate a pre-planned route
- Can steep-stall, auto-land, or be controlled manually at any time
- Includes an independently controlled stabilized gimbal, with a color electro-optical camera and an infrared camera for night operations
- Is hand-launched, weighs less than 5 pounds, and has an endurance of up to 80 minutes
- Integrates with Pathfinder, Rapid, and other IBDSS equipment
Want to know more about our security and surveillance solutions? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.